'Frosty morning" finger less gloves
Very soft and comfortable fingerless felted gloves made from finest Merino wool and silk, viscose fibres, hand embroidered. Could be made in different colours and sizes. Gift vouchers available. Also you could make your own design pair of gloves and have amazing felting experience in one day lesson for cost of of £55.00 including materials. Beginners welcome.
Wool is water repellent and prevents bacteria and dirt build-up. As such, it does not need to be washed as often as other fabrics. You still need to wash it, but not as regularly. Here are some instructions to help you.
1. Fill a clean sink or washing bowl with lukewarm water, making sure it is not too hot as you don't want your wool to shrink.
2. Add some wool detergent; we love Soak! Leave it for at least 30 minutes to soak up.
3. Give your felt a gentle squeeze and soak it in clean lukewarm water. After this, it is great for felted fabrics to be rinsed in slightly acidic water (ie add some vinegar or lemon juice).
4. Try not to wring out your felt as this can cause damage to it. Instead, squeeze it into a ball to remove excess water.
5. Lay the felt flat on a clean towel and roll the felt and towel together. Leave aside for 20 minutes to allow the towel to absorb the remaining water.
6. Unroll the towel and remove the felt to prep for shaping. Next, shape it in any way you like. You must lay both hands flat and gently pull outwards from that spot, then repeating this in various other spots along the felt to get the shape you want. Keep in mind not to do it too hard, or you may rip or thin out the felt in some areas.
Gloves coud be put on and shaped directly on your hand and then carefuly removed avoiding unnesesary stretching and let it dry.
7. And finally, you could steam iron the felt from the back face on the silk setting if you would like. This thins out your felt and gives it a smoother feel & thinner look.
If you are still unsure or have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Enjoy your unique wearable art, handmade with love just for you.